Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ward Campout











Last weekend was our ward campout up in Hobble Creek Canyon. It was so pretty up there, and not even that cold. We had fun roasting our hot dogs over the fire (gross) and of course marshmallows too. Cooper and Jeff stayed over night in the tent, and I took Parker home to sleep in our warm, cozy beds. I do like camping, but not with a 20 month old. So, the next morning when they got home, Cooper started telling me how he got lost and ended up in another campground and was crying. Jeff swears he was exaggerating, but I highly doubt it. Jeffs excuse was "I was making breakfast, and he went hiking with the other kids" .....Ahhhh! Why can't dads be as paranoid as moms are? (Oh, and Cooper wasn't really mad in that last picture, he just thought it would be funny to make that face)

8 comments:

Sandra said...

I totally laughed at your comment about Jeff! I mean, I'm not laughing that Cooper got lost, but it's TOTALLY TRUE about dads not paying attention!!! Glad you guys had fun. For obvious reasons, we can't camp anymore, but Kent LOVED it when he was younger.

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

How fun! Your boys are so cute and so grown up. I can't believe how they have changed. I hope you are all doing well. We still need to work out a date night, so I'll call you soon. I promise.

Unknown said...

I agree with you on two things - dad's never keep as good of an eye out on their kids as moms do! and I prefer sleeping in my warm cozy bed too! Glad you all had fun!

Tiff said...

I love camping and didn't go this summer I am so mad about it! It really is just so fun & I love how much your kids love it!

Haskins said...

That is so funny!!! I think its amazing that you guys have a tent and an air matress I dont think we have any of that stuff. I think if we had a ward camp out we wouldnt be able to go!!! But it looks like you guys had fun!!

Sarah said...

Sorry coop got lost! Bad Jeff very BAD! I think my Jeff might be a little paranoid about loosing our kids because he is so scared of me and what i might do to him.

Johnson said...

Typical!!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

That looks like so much fun!! I think camping is so fun!!